- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, chopped
- 2 1/2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 14 ounce can vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2/3 baguette, sliced
In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the potatoes and cook, stirring, until the potatoes just begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in 4 cups water, the vegetable broth, paprika and 1 teaspoon salt, scraping the bottom of the pot. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Lightly smash the potatoes, stir in the salmon and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the spinach and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, preheat the broiler. Toast the baguette slices and brush with olive oil. Serve with the chowder.