- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 3 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 1/2-inch-thick slices round italian country bread
- 2 bunches watercress, trimmed
- 4 ounces thinly sliced salami, cut into ribbons
Preheat the broiler. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, mustard, garlic and 3 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, coarsely mash the beans. Stir in the vinaigrette and tomatoes.
Brush the bread on one side with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Broil oiled side up until golden. Divide the watercress among the crostini and top with the bean mixture and salami ribbons.