Recipe by Sarah Copeland
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 slices bacon or pancetta
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) hearts of palm, drained
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 limes, zested (about 2 tsp.) and juiced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 hearts of romaine, quartered lengthwise
- 10 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds
1. In a medium skillet, cook the bacon, turning occasionally, until crispy, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel– lined plate. Let cool; coarsely crumble.
2. In a blender, puree the hearts of palm, yogurt, lime zest and juice, oil and salt until creamy, about 2 minutes. Transfer the dressing to a pint-size jar or bowl with a lid and thin with water by the tablespoonful until still thick but pourable. Season with pepper; seal.
3. To transport, place the romaine quarters, tomatoes and onion in a large storage container, and the bacon and sunflower seeds in two small sealed storage containers.
4. To serve, arrange the romaine, tomatoes and onion on a platter, drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with the bacon and sunflower seeds.