- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds with skins
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 1 1/2 pounds small, cleaned squidcut into 1/3-inch rings, tentacles halved, patted dry
- Salt and pepper
- 2 1/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 pound angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees . Line 2 large baking sheets with foil and grease each with 1 tablespoon olive oil. In a large, deep skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the almonds and cook, stirring, until toasted, about 3 minutes; transfer to a plate. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and the garlic to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the anchovy paste and cook for 1 minute.
In a medium bowl, toss the squid with 4 tablespoons olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Pour the breadcrumbs into a large bowl. Working with a handful at a time, coat the squid in the breadcrumbs, opening up the rings to cover well. Spread the squid in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets and sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil on top. Bake until golden and crunchy, 12 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente, about 2 minutes; drain, reserving 2 cups of the pasta water.
Stir the reserved pasta water into the anchovy mixture and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook, turning with tongs, to heat through. Add the almonds and parsley, toss well and transfer to a large bowl. Surround the pasta with the squid and the lemon wedges for squeezing.