Recipe by Rachael Ray
This recipe originally appeared in our Winter/Spring 2021 issue. Get the magazine here.
- 6 to 8Servings
- 12 to 15 baguette slices
- About 1 1/2 lb. mixed sweet, medium, and hot peppers (enough to fill a small baking sheet)
- 3 tbsp. EVOO
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped, grated, or thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp. capers in brine, drained and chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves, chopped
1. Arrange the rack in the center of the oven; preheat to 350°. Place the baguette slices on the oven rack and toast until light golden, about 10 minutes.
2. Transfer the toasts to a platter. Move the rack to the upper third of the oven and preheat the broiler. Arrange the peppers on a baking sheet. Broil until the skins blister all over, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the peppers to a bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and let sit until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes. Using a paper towel, wipe off the pepper skins, discard the stems and seeds, and thinly slice the peppers.
3. In a small skillet, heat the EVOO and garlic over medium. Swirl the oil for a minute or two, then add the sliced peppers, capers, and thyme. Cook, stirring gently, until the peppers are warmed through, about 3 minutes. Divide the pepper mixture among the toasts.