- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 eggplant (about 1 1/2 lbs.), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 12 sprigs thyme, plus picked leaves for garnishing
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces orecchiette or orzo pasta
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . In a deep 9-by-13-inch baking dish, drizzle the EVOO over the zucchini, eggplant, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, thyme sprigs and garlic; season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Cover tightly with foil ad roast for 45 minutes. Uncover, stir, and roast for another 45 minutes. Discard the thyme stems.
About 10 minutes before the veggies are done, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and toss with the roasted veggies. Garnish with the thyme leaves.