- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 large baking potatoes (aboout 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound small tube pasta, such as pennette rigate
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees . Cut the potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes with 3 tablespoons olive oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; arrange in an even layer. Roast until golden and crisp at the edges, 25 to 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Add the parsley, butter and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and toss. Season with salt and pepper; add the potatoes and toss again.