- About 1 1/2 lbs. fingerling potatoes, sliced lengthwise
- About 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 6–8 sprigs rosemary, leaves stripped from stems and coarsely chopped
- 6 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 lemons—1 thinly sliced, 1 zested (about 1 1/2 tsp.) and juiced (about 1/4 cup)
- Salt and pepper
- 8 lamb rib chops (about 1 1/2 lbs. total)
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp. capers
- Arugula or watercress, for serving
1. Position a rack in the upper third of the oven; preheat to 475°.
2. In a medium bowl, toss the potatoes with a couple tablespoons olive oil, half the rosemary, half the garlic and the thinly sliced lemon; season with salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet, arranging the lemon slices on top of the potatoes to prevent burning. Roast 12 to 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, season the lamb chops. In a small bowl, whisk the mustard, 2 tbsp. olive oil, the remaining rosemary, the remaining garlic and the lemon zest; spread the mixture all over the lamb chops.
4. Place the lamb chops on top of the potatoes; sprinkle with the capers. Roast until the potatoes are tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Douse the lamb and potatoes with the lemon juice. Serve with a handful of arugula alongside.