- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons large cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 16 small carrots (2 lbs.), peeled
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (6 oz. each)
- 2 large bunches watercress, tough stems trimmed (10 cups)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . In a large bowl, mix half the oil, half the garlic and half the rosemary. Season with salt and pepper; add the carrots and toss to coat. Arrange the carrots on one side of a rimmed baking sheet. Add the remaining oil, garlic and rosemary to the bowl; season. Add the chicken breasts; toss to coat. Place the chicken, skin side up, on the other side of the baking sheet. Arrange the garlic on top of the chicken.
Roast until the chicken is cooked through, skin is golden and the carrots are tender, 40 to 45 minutes.
Divide the chicken and carrots among 4 plates. Add the watercress to the baking sheet; season and toss with the drippings. Spread watercress out on the pan and roast until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Divide among the plates.