- 2 bunches broccolini, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 small red chile, such as finger or Fresno, chopped or thinly sliced
- Natural olive oil cooking spray
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup baby arugula or baby kale
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest plus 1/4 cup juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- About 1/8 tsp. freshly grated or ground nutmeg
- About 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1/2 cup (loosely packed) freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/2 cup (loosely packed) freshly grated Pecorino Romano
- 1 pound rigatoni
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees .
Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
On a large baking sheet, spray the broccolini and chile with cooking spray. Season with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Roast, turning halfway through, until crisp-tender and browned at the edges, 10 to 15 minutes.
In a food processor, pulse the arugula, parsley, walnuts, lemon zest and juice, garlic and nutmeg until finely chopped; season. With the machine running, gradually stream in the EVOO to form a pesto; transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the cheeses.
Salt the boiling water, add the pasta and cook until almost al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the starchy cooking water; drain the pasta. Stir the cooking water into the pesto. Mix in the pasta and broccolini mixture. Serve in shallow bowls.