- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 star anise pod
- 2 medium beets ( 2 to 3 inches in diameter), peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup granola
- Pomegranate seeds, for sprinkling
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees . In a small baking dish, stir 1/4 cup honey, the orange juice, lemon juice and star anise until the honey dissolves. Add the beets and toss to coat. Add enough water to cover the beets by one-third. Cover the dish tightly with foil; bake until the beets are tender when pierced with a knife, about 45 minutes. Let cool.
Spread the coconut on a baking sheet; toast in the oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let cool.
Divide the yogurt among 4 bowls, then top with the beets, granola and toasted coconut flakes. Sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds and drizzle with the remaining 2 tbsp. honey. Season with kosher salt and pepper.