- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 can (15 to 15.5 oz.) black beans, drained and liquid reserved (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 medium bunch (12 oz.) Swiss chard, stemmed, then cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 canned chipotles in adobo, sliced
- 3/4 cup (3 oz.) crumbled goat cheese
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high. Working in batches, grill the tortillas until grill-marked, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Set aside.
In a large skillet, heat the beans, the reserved bean liquid and 2 tbsp. water over medium-high. Add the chard and chipotle. Using the back of a wooden spoon, mash the beans into a coarse puree. Cook until the mixture thickens and the chard wilts, about 2 minutes. Season with salt.
Divide the bean mixture among the tortillas. Top with the cheese, onion and cilantro. Serve with the lime wedges.