- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound egg tagliatelle, fettuccine or pappardelle pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 4 cups loosely packed baby arugula leaves
- 3/4 cup fresh ricotta cheese
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and return to the pot, reserving 3/4 cup of the pasta cooking water.
While the pasta is working, in a large skillet, heat the EVOO, 3 turns of the pan, and the garlic over medium-high heat, swirling the garlic in the oil, for 2 minutes; discard the garlic. Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper; cook for 4 minutes, then add the dill and reserved pasta cooking water.
Add the tomatoes and arugula to the pasta; season with salt and pepper. Serve the pasta in large, shallow bowls and dollop with the ricotta for mixing in while you eat.