- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1 pound package refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, preferably imported Swiss or emmentaler
- 1 pound deli-sliced pastrami or corned beef
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped bread-and-butter pickles
1. Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 425°. Cut the pizza dough in half and form each half into a disk. Place on a lightly floured work surface and cover one piece with a towel.
2. Roll out the other piece of dough into a 9-inch round and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle half of the cheese on top, leaving a 1-inch border all around. Arrange the pastrami and then the sauerkraut evenly on top. Top with the remaining cheese.
3. Roll out the second piece of dough into a 10-inch round and place over the filling. Tightly crimp together the edges to seal. Brush the top with the olive oil and cut 3 vents in the center.
4. Bake the pizza until browned and crisp, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool briefly.
5. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, ketchup and pickles. Cut the pizza into wedges and serve with the sauce.