- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus more for drizzling
- 4 small red beets, trimmed
- 1/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 gala apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 2 small ribs celery
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces, lightly toasted
- 4 red-leaf lettuce leaves
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . Drizzle a little EVOO over the beets and wrap in foil. Ask your Grown-Up Helper (GH) to roast the beets until tender, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool in the foil, then rub off the skins with a paper towel (they'll come off like magic!). Ask your GH to chop the beets.
In a large bowl, combine cranberry sauce and vinegar. Whisk in 1/4 cup EVOO and season the dressing with salt and pepper. Add the beets, apple, grapes, celery, red onion and walnuts. Toss the salad until everything is red!
Place 1 lettuce leaf in each of 4 bowls. Fill with beet salad and top with shredded chicken.