- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, cut into strips
- 3 bunches scallions, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup cilantro sprigs
Wrap the tortillas in foil; place in the oven and heat to 300 degrees .
In a small bowl, stir together the chili powder, cayenne and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper; sprinkle all over the steak. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and the steak, tent with foil and cook for 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare; transfer to a cutting board, tent with the foil and let rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
In the same skillet, add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, the bell peppers, scallions and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add the steak along with any juices and the cilantro and toss. Serve with the warmed tortillas.