- About 3 tbsp. EVOO
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 1/2 pints pints cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers in brine, drained and chopped
- A fat handful of pitted oil-cured olives, preferably Moroccan, chopped
- 1 red finger chile, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- A fat handful of basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 pound thin linguine, thin spaghetti or angel-hair pasta
Bring a large pot of water to boil for the pasta.
In a large bowl, whisk the EVOO, vinegar and anchovy paste. Toss with the tomatoes, shallots, garlic, capers, olives and chile. Season with salt and pepper. Add the herbs; toss. Let stand until ready to serve.
Salt the boiling water. Add the pasta; cook to al dente. Add a cup of starchy water to the tomato mixture. Drain the pasta; toss with the tomato mixture until the pasta absorbs the flavor and excess liquid, 1 to 2 minutes.