Recipe by Alexa Weibel
Price per serving: $2.13
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 9-inch frozen piecrust
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium leek—trimmed, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 3/4 lb. rainbow chard, stems separated and chopped and leaves thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup grated Fontina
- 2 tsp. orange zest plus 2 tbsp. juice
- 4 radishes with greens, radishes finely chopped and greens thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Prick the piecrust all over with a fork. Bake until golden, about 10 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°.
2. In a large skillet with a lid, heat 2 tbsp. oil over medium-low. Add the leek; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in the chard stems and garlic. Season and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in 2 cups of the chard leaves. Cook, stirring often, until wilted and almost dry, about 4 minutes; season.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the cream and eggs. Stir in the cheese and the cooked chard mixture; season with 3/4 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Transfer to the baked piecrust. Bake until the filling is golden and set in the center, 30 to 40 minutes.
4. In another large bowl, whisk the remaining 3 tbsp. olive oil with the orange zest and juice. Toss in the chopped radishes and sliced radish greens, carrot, and the remaining thinly sliced chard leaves; season. Serve with the quiche.