- Prep Time
- 6 - 8 rainbow carrots (12 oz.), peeled
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted then ground in a spice grinder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon roasted pumpkin seed oil or EVOO
- 5 cups (3 oz.) mizuna (an asian leafy green)
- 2 ounces petit basque or other firm sheep's-milk cheese, cut into thin slices with a vegetable peeler
- 3 tablespoons salted roasted pumpkin seeds
Using a vegetable peeler (a Y-shaped one works best), cut the carrots lengthwise into long, even ribbons; place in a bowl of cold water.
In a large bowl, mix the vinegar, lemon juice, cumin and 1/4 tsp. salt. whisk in the oil. Drain the carrots and dry on a kitchen towel. Add to the dressing; toss. If desired, let sit until slightly softened, about 10 minutes. Add the mizuna and toss lightly; season with pepper. Add the cheese and transfer the salad to plates. Sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds.