Recipe by Rachael Ray
3 tbsp. olive or corn oil
About 4 cups shredded red or green cabbage (about 1/2 head)
1 small red onion, chopped
2 serrano or jalapeño chiles—halved lengthwise, seeded, and thinly sliced
Salt and pepper
1 tsp. (about 1/3 palmful) caraway seeds
1 tsp. (about 1/3 palmful) cumin seeds or ground cumin
1 tsp. (about 1/3 palmful) paprika or smoked paprika
About 3 tbsp. sherry vinegar or apple cider vinegar
About 2 tbsp. (packed) light brown sugar
1/4 cup toasted pepitas
1 lb. roast turkey, coarsely chopped (about 4 cups)
1/2 lb. fresh Mexican chorizo, casing removed
1 cup turkey or chicken stock
Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tbsp.)
1 cup sour cream or Mexican crema
2 tbsp. chipotle hot sauce (I like Tabasco Chipotle)
12 to 16 soft corn tortillas
Pickled jalapeño slices
Crumbled queso fresco or asadero cheese
Thinly sliced radishes
Fresh cilantro leaves
1. In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp. oil, two turns of the pan, over medium-high. Add the cabbage, onion, and chiles; season with salt and pepper. Add the caraway, cumin, and paprika. Cook, stirring often, until crisp-tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Add the vinegar and sugar. Toss for another minute. Add the pepitas. Remove the slaw from heat.
2. In a food processor, pulse the turkey until finely chopped.
3. Heat a cast-iron skillet or griddle over high. Add the remaining 1 tbsp. oil, one turn of the pan. Add the chorizo. Cook, occasionally stirring and breaking up the meat with a spoon, until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the turkey. Cook, stirring often, until browned, about 2 minutes. Add the stock. Cook, stirring often, until the stock absorbs into the meat, about 3 minutes. Stir in the lime juice.
4. In a small bowl, stir the sour cream and hot sauce.
5. Heat a stainless-steel or cast-iron skillet over high or turn a gas burner on to medium-high. In the skillet or directly over the gas flame, cook the tortillas, turning them with tongs, until hot and blistered in spots, 30 to 45 seconds per side. Wrap in cloth napkins or a tea towel to keep warm.
6. Fill the tortillas with the turkey-chorizo filling. Top with the warm slaw, sour cream sauce, and your choice of toppings.