Recipe by Rachael Ray
This recipe originally appeared in our Summer 2020 issue. Get the magazine here.
- 1 small shallot, peeled
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- About 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Acacia or other mild honey
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 7 to 8 cups (total) baby escarole mixed with oak, romaine, or other gem-size lettuces
- 1 cup pea shoots
- 1 small bulb fennel, thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1/2 watermelon radish, thinly sliced, then cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips
1. For the dressing, grate the shallot into a jar with a lid. Add the lemon juice, EVOO, thyme, honey, and mustard; season with salt and pepper. Screw on the top and shake until dressing is smooth.
2. In a large bowl, toss the greens, pea shoots, fennel, and radish with the dressing. Season the salad with salt and pepper.
Shake It Up!: Making salad dressing in a jar is easy! This lemony, herby combo is great on pretty much any leafy greens, so mix up a double batch and stash the leftovers in the fridge.