Recipe by Rachael Ray
This recipe originally appeared in our Summer 2020 issue. Get the magazine here.
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 loaf Italian semolina bread, split lengthwise
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino Romano (or a combination of both)
- 1/2 cup each fresh mint and fresh flat-leaf parsley, combined, then finely chopped
1. In a small saucepan, heat the EVOO, butter, garlic, and crushed red pepper over medium until the garlic bubbles but doesn’t brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the garlic butter from the heat.
2. Preheat the broiler. Arrange the bread on a large rimmed baking sheet and broil until lightly golden. Brush the bread with the garlic butter, top with the cheese, and broil until lightly brown. Let the bread cool for 2 to 3 minutes, then top with the herbs. Cut the bread into pieces before serving.