- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 2 leeks - trimmed, quartered, sliced adn thoroughly rinsed
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 5 cups torn sprig lettuce, such at romaine or butter
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Crusty bread
In a medium soup pot, heat the EVOO, three turns of the pan, over medium. Add the leeks, potatoes, carrots and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Stir 1 minute, then cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables soften, 6 to 8 minutes.
Add the stock, peas and tarragon. Simmer until the peas are just tender, 3 minutes for fresh or 5 minutes for frozen. Add the lettuce and stir until just wilted, about 30 seconds. Stir in the lemon juice. Serve with the crusty bread.