Melissa Clark, New York Times food columnist and author of Dinner: Changing the Game, has an 8-year-old sous-chef: her daughter, Dahlia. Try their recipe for Quick-Roasted Broccoli below.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 head (1 1/2 to 2 lbs.) broccoli, broken into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
1. Preheat the oven to 450°. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the broccoli with the oil until well coated; season with salt and pepper. Roast until just starting to brown in spots, about 10 minutes.
2. Add the garlic to the broccoli and toss to combine. Continue to roast until the broccoli is crisp-tender and browned at the edges, 8 to 12 minutes. Sprinkle with the lemon zest.
Clark’s new book, Dinner: Changing the Game, is filled with more than 250 unfussy, delicious recipes like this one. It comes out March 7.