- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 29 ounce can black beans, drained, 1/2 cup liquid reserved
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 5 10-inch flour tortillas
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup store-bought green enchilada sauce
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add 1 1/2 cups black beans and mash into a chunky paste. Stir in the reserved liquid.
Grease a heavy, ovenproof skillet. In a bowl, combine the corn, parsley and remaining black beans. Place a tortilla in the skillet and spread with 1/3 cup mashed black bean mixture. Top with 2/3 cup corn-bean mixture and 1/2 cup cheese. Press to compress the layers. Repeat with the remaining tortillas, mashed black beans, corn-bean mixture and cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted and the casserole is heated through, about 30 minutes. Transfer to the broiler and cook for 1 minute. Serve with the enchilada sauce.