- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup stout beer
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces reduced-fat, reduced-sodium beef hot dogs, sliced
- 1/2 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 slices pumpernickel bread
- 3 tablespoons grainy mustard
In a small saucepan, whisk together the chicken broth, cornstarch and flour over medium heat until thickened, 1 minute. Whisk in the beer and bring to a simmer, whisking, 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk in the cheese; cover.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the hot dogs and cook, stirring, until browned, about 3 minutes; transfer to a plate. Add the cabbage and scallions to the pan, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 5 minutes. Return the hot dogs to the pan.
Meanwhile, toast the bread and spread with the mustard. Stir 2 tablespoons cheese sauce into the hot dog-cabbage mixture and divide the mixture among the toasts. Top with the remaining cheese sauce.