- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 small new potatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 eggplant (about 12 ounces), cut into 24 cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, quartered lengthwise and cut crosswise
- 1 yellow bell pepper, quartered lengthwise and cut crosswise
- 1 sweet onion, quartered lengthwise and cut crosswise
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
In a small bowl, microwave the potatoes on high for 4 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, the vinegar, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the eggplant, bell peppers, onion and partially cooked potatoes and toss to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium pot of boiling salted water, cook the orzo until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain; return to the pot. Add the tomatoes and the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Cover to keep warm.
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium. Thread the marinated vegetables onto 8 skewers; reserve the marinade. Grill the kebabs, turning occasionally and basting with the reserved marinade, until tender and slightly charred, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve with the orzo.