- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated parmigiano-reggiano
- 1 small clove garlic, grated or pasted
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- A few leaves basil, chopped
- A couple sprigs fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 small pieces skinless, boneless chicken breast, butterflied
- EVOO, for drizzling
- 4 thin slices prosciutto di parma
- A splash white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . In a bowl, season the ricotta with salt and pepper. Stir in the parmigiano-reggiano, garlic, parsley, basil and thyme. Place some of the ricotta mixture on each butterflied piece of chicken and fold the breast over. Drizzle with EVOO and wrap with the prosciutto.
Heat an ovenproof skillet with a drizzle of EVOO. Add the chicken bundles and brown over medium-high heat, turning once, for 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to the oven to cook through, 12 to 15 minutes.
Remove the chicken from the pan and deglaze the pan with the wine. Swirl in the butter. Spoon the sauce over the chicken to serve.