- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fennel, plus 2 tablespoons chopped fennel fronds
- 2 1/2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes with enough salted water to cover. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until just tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly. Cut into quarters and transfer to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, lemon juice and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Stir in the scallions.
Combine the fennel, fennel fronds, prosciutto and basil with the potatoes. Stir in the mustard vinaigrette.