- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 fresh New Mexico or Anaheim chiles - seeded, stemmed and chopped
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 16 ounce jar tomatillo salsa
- 1/4 cup shredded pepper jack
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high. Add the chiles and onion and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are softened, 5 minutes. Add the pork; season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until browned, 5 minutes.
Add the potatoes, salsa and 2 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium, partially cover and simmer, stirring the chili occasionally, until the pork is tender, about 40 minutes. Season, divide among bowls and garnish with the cheese and cilantro.