- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 bone-in pork chops (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 15 1/2 ounce can black-eyed peas, rinsed
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Rub the pork chops with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. In a medium skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until the onion is softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the black-eyed peas, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley and crushed red pepper and cook until heated through. Stir in the vinegar and season with salt and pepper; cover to keep warm.
Preheat a large skillet over high heat. Add the chops and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Serve with the warm black-eyed pea salad.