- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 banana, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- 4 3/4-inch-thick center-cut pork chops, patted dry
In a medium pot, combine the sweet potatoes with enough salted water to cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Lower the heat and simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes; drain and return to the pot. Mash in the banana, butter and cream; season with salt and pepper.
While the potatoes are cooking, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the green beans and 2 tablespoons water and season with salt and pepper. Cook, partially covered and tossing occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
Using the same skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper; add to the pan and cook, turning once, until golden-brown and cooked through, about 7 minutes. Serve with the green beans and banana-mashed sweet potatoes.