- Prep Time
- 1/2 pound orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 pint strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, torn
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, sliced
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- 4 slices prosciutto, sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 1 inches thick pork chops
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain.
In a saucepan, boil the balsamic vinegar until reduced to 2 to 3 tablespoons, 5 minutes. In a bowl, toss the strawberries, basil and spinach with the balsamic glaze.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat a drizzle of EVOO over medium-high heat. Add the prosciutto strips and cook for 5 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Add another drizzle of EVOO to the skillet. Season the chops with salt and pepper and cook, turning once, until cooked through, 8 minutes.
In another large skillet, cook the butter over medium heat until brown, about 3 minutes. Add the pasta, cinnamon and nutmeg and toss; season with salt. Stir in the nuts.
Spoon the salad over the chops and top the orzo with the prosciutto.