- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 firm, tart apples, such as Crispin, cut into large chunks
- 4 thick (1 1/2-inch) bone-in pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 6 ounces ginger beer or ginger ale
In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. EVOO over medium-low. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until just softened, about 2 minutes. Add apples and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer apple-onion mixture to a plate. Season pork chops with salt and pepper; sprinkle with rosemary. Increase heat to medium-high, add remaining 1 tbsp. EVOO to skillet and cook chops until golden, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer pork to another plate. Return apple-onion mixture to pan, add ginger beer and stir to scrape up brown bits from bottom of skillet. Return pork chops to pan, cover and cook, turning once, until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.