- 3 cups Imagine Vegetarian No-Chicken Broth
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- About 1/2 cup broken spaghetti (break pasta into 2-inch pieces)
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 package (5 oz.) baby or other fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 2 tbsp.)
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Grana Padano
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
In a small saucepan, bring the broth and mushrooms to a simmer over medium heat. Keep the broth at a low simmer until the mushrooms soften, about 10 minutes.
In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the spaghetti; stir until deep golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the shallot and garlic, then the rice. Season with salt and pepper and stir until the shallot softens, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the wine; stir until absorbed, about 1 minute.
Using a slotted spoon, transfer the mushrooms to a cutting board; chop. Add 2 cups of the mushroom cooking liquid to the rice, leaving any sediment behind. Cover and simmer, shaking the saucepan occasionally, until the rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Add the spinach and chopped mushrooms; stir until the spinach wilts, 2 to 3 minutes. Season; mix in the lemon juice. Serve in shallow bowls topped with the cheese and pine nuts.