- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 6 ounce bag baby spinach
- 1 8 ounce package sliced mushrooms, preferably cremini
- 2 18 ounce tubes prepared polenta, sliced crosswise into 1/3-inch rounds
- 8 - 10 ounces goat or feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup jarred marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the spinach, season with salt and cook for about 1 minute. Transfer to a clean kitchen towel and wring the towel to squeeze out the liquid. Chop the spinach and set aside.
Wipe the skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and cook, stirring, for 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
Wipe the skillet, add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat over high heat. Working in batches, fry the polenta rounds until golden, about 5 minutes per side. Line the bottom of a 7-by-11-inch baking dish with half the fried polenta.
In a bowl, combine the reserved spinach and the goat cheese. Spread half the cheese mixture over the polenta in the baking dish. Scatter the mushrooms and red pepper on top. Cover with the remaining polenta rounds. Top with the remaining cheese mixture, the artichokes, mozzarella and tomatoes. Bake until the mozzarella melts, about 15 minutes. Let set for 15 minutes before serving.