- Cook Time
- 1/3- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 cup (packed) basil
- 1 cup (packed) flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup (packed) mint
- 1 small red chile, such as finger or Holland chile, seeded and chopped
- 2 small or 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 4 tbsp.)
- About 2 tsp. lemon zest
- About 2 tsp. orange zest
- salt and pepper
- About 1/3 - 1/2 EVOO, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup (a fat handful) grated pecorino cheese
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 pound gemelli pasta
Bring a large pot of water to boil for the green beans and pasta.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Spread the nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until toasted, about 6 minutes. Let cool; place in a food processor. Add the basil, parsley, mint, chile, garlic, lemon juice, and lemon and orange zest; season with salt and pepper. Pulse into a thick pesto, then gradually stream in EVOO until the pesto becomes a little creamy. Transfer to a large serving bowl; stir in the cheese.
Salt the boiling water. Add the green beans and cook until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a strainer or large slotted spoon, scoop out the beans and transfer to a large bowl of ice water. When cold, drain and dry well. Add the beans to the pesto. Add the pasta to the boiling water; cook to al dente. Drain the pasta and toss with the pesto and beans; season. Serve at room temperature or cold, adding a drizzle of EVOO if the pasta seems dry.