- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 20 ounce can pineapple chunks in juice, drained, juice reserved
- Juice and grated peel of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 10 ounce box instant couscous
Soak eight 12-inch wood skewers in water for 30 minutes. In a baking dish or shallow container, whisk together 3/4 cup pineapple juice, 1 tablespoon lime juice, the soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, the hot sauce and ginger. Set aside 2 tablespoons of the mixture in a small bowl.
Preheat the broiler. Thread the shrimp, bell pepper, pineapple chunks and onion onto the skewers. Place the kebabs in the pineapple juice marinade and refrigerate for 15 minutes, turning halfway through.
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring 1-3/4 cups water and the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/4 cup pineapple juice to a boil. Stir in the couscous, cover with a lid and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Transfer the kebabs to a foil-lined baking sheet and broil for 3 minutes. Turn the kebabs and brush with the reserved marinade. Broil for 3 minutes, until the shrimp are no longer translucent. Remove from the oven.
Fluff the couscous with a fork and stir in the lime peel. Serve with the kebabs.