Recipe by Rachael Ray
- 12 slices meaty bacon
- 2 cups shredded yellow cheddar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 jars (4 oz. each) pimientos, squeezed dry and finely chopped
- 6 tbsp. (3 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 tsp. chipotle hot sauce, such as chipotle Tabasco or Frank’s RedHot
- 1/2 tsp. (about 1/4 palmful) smoked paprika
- A few dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices Texas toast (1-inch-thick slices white bread)
- 2 small heads little gem lettuce or 1 package (5 oz.) baby romaine
- 2 large meaty beefsteak or other tomatoes, thickly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 4 thin scallions, sliced on an angle
1. Preheat the oven to 375°. Arrange the bacon on a wire rack set inside a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until crispy and brown, 15 to 18 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, mix the cheddar, sour cream, pimientos, cream cheese, garlic, hot sauce, paprika and Worcestershire.
3. Toast the bread on the rack in the oven or in a wide-slot toaster.
4. Position a rack in the center of the oven; preheat the broiler.
5. Slather the toasts with the pimiento cheese. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and broil until the cheese is browned and bubbly, 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Place the toasts on plates and top each with 3 slices bacon, the lettuce and tomatoes. Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper and top with the scallions.