- 8 slices smoky bacon
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon EVOO or vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound sharp yellow cheddar, grated
- 1 4 ounce jar chopped pimientos, drained
- 1 3 ounce package cream cheese
- About 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, such as Frank's RedHot
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- Softened butter
- 8 slices good-quality white bread
1. Preheat the oven to 375°. Bake the bacon on a broiler pan until crisp, about 15 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, season the beef with salt and pepper. Mix in the worcestershire, parsley and onion. Form 4 large patties (thinner in the middle for even cooking).
3. In a large skillet or cast-iron griddle, heat the EVOO over medium-high heat. Add the patties and grill, turning once, for about 8 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer to a plate.
4. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the cheddar, pimientos, cream cheese, mayo, hot sauce, paprika and garlic until well mixed, 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Reheat the skillet or griddle over medium heat. Butter 1 side of each bread slice, placing buttered side down on a work surface. Spread with cheese mixture. Top each slice with a burger, 2 pieces of bacon and another bread slice. Griddle until golden and the cheese is melted.