Recipe by Tara Bench
|Active Time||Total Time||Serves|
- 8 oz. deli-sliced roast beef, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 green bell peppers, 1 1/2 sliced into 1/2-inch strips and 1/2 finely chopped
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 lb. Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 red bell peppers, 1/2 finely chopped and 1 sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- Toasted baguette slices, for dipping
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into 1/2-inch strips
1. In a medium bowl, mix the roast beef, 1 tbsp. Worcestershire, and the garlic. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high. Add the onion and a third of the sliced green bell peppers and cook, stirring often, until the onion begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Add the roast beef and cook, stirring often, until browned, about 2 minutes. Set aside 1/2 cup of the roast beef. Add the stock and Velveeta to the skillet. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring often, until the Velveeta is just melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1 tbsp. Worcestershire and the garlic powder.
2. Garnish the dip with the reserved roast beef and the chopped green and red bell peppers. Serve the dip directly from the skillet with toasted baguette slices and the remaining sliced green, red, and yellow bell peppers.