- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 carrot, grated, plus more for garnish
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 ounces softened cream cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Grease two 12-cup muffin pans. In a large bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, carrot, egg and honey; stir in 3 cups water.
In another large bowl, stir together the flour, cinnamon, allspice, ginger and baking powder; mix into the carrot mixture.
Fill each muffin cup about three-quarters full. Bake until firm and dry, about 45 minutes. Let cool, then top each cupcake with more grated carrot and smear with cream cheese.