- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste, plus more to taste
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can chicken broth (about 2 cups)
- 1 13 1/2 ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Crushed peanuts, for garnish
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain the pasta well and return to the pot.
Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking, about 2 minutes. Stir in the curry paste (adding more if a spicier sauce is desired) and cook until shiny and fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in the chicken broth, coconut milk and 1/4 cup water and bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat; cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk in the peanut butter, fish sauce, sugar and soy sauce to form a smooth, creamy sauce, about 1 minute. Toss the sauce with the noodles and top with the peanuts.