- 2 pounds pitted, peeled, sliced fresh or frozen peaches
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cream, plus more for brushing
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
In a large bowl, mix peaches with sugar, cream, cornstarch, cardamom and almond extract until the fruit is evenly coated. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish.
In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add cream and mix just until the dough comes together.
Pat into a 1/2-inch-thick round; cut into 6 wedges, like a pie, and arrange on top of the peach mixture. Brush the biscuits with cream, then sprinkle them with almonds and raw sugar. Bake at 400 degrees until the filling bubbles and a toothpick inserted into the biscuits comes out clean, tenting with foil if the biscuits are browning too quickly, 35 to 40 minutes.