- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 peaches, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, or to taste
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 large egg whites, at room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, combine the peaches, wine and 2 tablespoons of the sugar; refrigerate.
In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the egg whites with the salt on high speed until fluffy. Reduce the speed to medium-high and gradually beat in the remaining 1 cup of sugar. Beat in the cornstarch, lemon juice and vanilla; continue beating until the meringue is stiff and shiny.
Mound the meringue on the prepared baking sheet, shaping it evenly into an 8-inch circle. Reduce the oven heat to 250 degrees and bake for 45 minutes, until pale in color. Turn off the heat and let the meringue cool in the oven for 45 minutes. Remove and let cool completely.
To serve, invert the meringue onto a serving plate, top with the whipped cream and the prepared peaches and cut into wedges.