Recipe by Janet Taylor McCracken
Start to Finish: 30 minutes
- 2 lb. large shrimp—peeled and deveined, with tails
- 4 tbsp. fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 6 tbsp. olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 lb. thin asparagus
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 peaches, cut into wedges
- 2 tomatoes (about 1 lb.), cut into wedges
- 1 container (5 oz.) baby arugula
- 1 small fennel bulb—halved, cored, and thinly shaved, fronds reserved
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup crumbled feta
1. Heat a grill to medium-high. In a large bowl, toss the shrimp, 2 tbsp. lemon juice, and 2 tbsp. oil. Season with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature, tossing occasionally, for 15 minutes.
2. Drizzle the asparagus with oil; season. Grill, turning occasionally, until crisp-tender and charred in spots, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board. Cut on an angle into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
3. Grill the shrimp until charred in spots and just opaque in the centers, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
4. In a large bowl, whisk the remaining 4 tbsp. oil and 2 tbsp. lemon juice and the mustard; season. Toss with the peaches, tomatoes, arugula, fennel, basil, asparagus, and shrimp. Top with the feta and fennel fronds.
This recipe originally appeared in our Summer 2020 issue. Get the magazine here.