Recipe by Rachael Ray
This recipe originally appeared in our Winter/Spring 2021 issue. Get the magazine here.
Start to finish: 15 minutes
- 1 bag (13 oz.) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino plus more for garnish
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp. EVOO, plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh mint, plus more for garnish
- 4 slices country bread, toasted
- 4 soft-boiled eggs, peeled
- Crushed red pepper, for garnish
In medium saucepan, cook peas in boiling salted water until just cooked, 2 minutes. Drain peas well; transfer to food processor. Add 1/2 cup cheese, the lemon zest and juice, 2 tbsp. EVOO, and 2 tbsp. mint. Pulse until almost smooth; season. Spread on toasts. Halve eggs. Arrange on toasts; season. Garnish with more cheese, EVOO, mint, and crushed red pepper.
Tip: To make jammy eggs, bring an inch or two of water to a boil in a pan fitted with a steamer basket. Cook the eggs for 6 1/2 minutes, chill in an ice bath, then peel. Eggs-cellent!