Recipe by Sarah Tenaglia
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups (lightly packed) fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup (lightly packed) fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup raw pine nuts
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1 lemon, zested (about 1 1/2 tsp.) and juiced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 large cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 4 oz. diced pancetta
- 12 oz. lemon-pepper or plain pappardelle
- 1 1/4 cups frozen peas, thawed
1. In a food processor, pulse the parsley, mint, pine nuts, orange juice, EVOO, lemon zest and juice, garlic and 1/2 cup Parmesan, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl, until a coarse puree forms. Season the pesto with salt and pepper.
2. Preheat a small skillet over medium. Cook the pancetta, stirring occasionally, until crispy, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water, add the pasta and cook until al dente; drain. Add the pasta back to the pot and toss with the pesto and peas; season. Top with the pancetta. Serve, passing additional cheese alongside.