- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 7 large eggs
- 3 ounces cheese, cut into small pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1/2- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound (about 1 cup) leftover cooked pasta, preferably with sauce
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the mozzarella, tomatoes, basil and parmesan; season with salt and pepper.
In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the pasta and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the egg mixture and cook until the edges begin to firm up. Using a wooden spoon, draw the cooked egg edges toward the center of the pan, letting the raw egg run to the perimeter of the pan. Continue until the frittata is almost set but still slightly runny in the center, about 4 minutes. Transfer to the oven to finish cooking, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
Using a rubber spatula, loosen the edge of the frittata. Cut into wedges and serve hot or at room temperature.