- Prep Time
- 2 fennel bulbs (2 1/2 lbs.)
- 3 cups lightly packed) flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- 2 cups lightly packed) curly parsley sprigs
- 2 large heads boston lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup EVOO
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
Trim off and discard the fennel stalks. Halve and core the bulbs. Using a handheld slicer, cut into paper-thin slices.
In a large salad bowl, toss the fennel, both parsleys and the lettuce.
In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, mustard, sugar, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Whisk in the EVOO, then the chives. Drizzle the dressing over the greens and toss.